Regulations on the protection of personal information
Yoyogi international school ("the school") hereinafter defines the basic terms regarding the personal information it collects. It specifies the responsibilities of school staff and employees, et al., regarding the administration of the information. Based on the idea of personal respect, the school respects the privacy of every individual. It will follow the related laws and manage personal information as follows.
1. Definition of personal information
As expressed in these regulations, personal information is defined as information that could identify a specific individual or could be used in conjunction with other information to identify a particular individual. Such information may be collected from individuals as below.
- Students currently enrolled at the school or those enrolled previously.
- Staff and other associated workers currently employed at the school or those previously employed.
- Students applying for admission to the school or those who have applied previously.
- People who have made general inquiries to the school or requested information about the school.
- Contributors or donors to the school.
- Parents, guardians, family members, relatives, guarantors, and others associated with those listed in (1) through (5) above.
2. Collection and usage of personal information
Personal information will only be acquired for appropriate educational and research purposes or as required for the operation of the school. Personal information will be acquired on a voluntary basis; however, services provided by the school may be restricted if the acquired information does not comply with or meet the school's needs (if not enough information is provided).
Personal information will only be used for the following purposes.
- To provide various services relating to the education and well-being of students.
- To manage expenses regarding the school's operation, such as requesting school fees.
- To issue various certificates.
- To provide various documents and guidance.
- To carry out questionnaires, and to gather and analyze various statistical data, etc.
- To carry out any additional operation that is needed to carry out (1) to (5) above.
The school will not use personal information for any other purpose, except as listed in (1) to (6) above, without the consent of those whose information would be used. If the above items (1) to (6) are altered, the school will either notify the party whose personal information would be used under the alteration or will release a list of revised purposes to the public.
3. Management of personal information
The school highly respects personal information and will take appropriate steps to prevent any unlawful access, loss, or leakage. If any problem should occur, you will be notified, and the school will act promptly to resolve it. Moreover, the school will educate and train school staff and other workers who may deal with personal information. This will be based on the idea of respect for personal information and the provisions of the Personal Information Protection Law and GDPR.
Furthermore, for the purposes listed in (1) to (6) above, the school may entrust personal information to a third party. If it does, it would only be so entrusted under a strict confidentiality agreement that would include an agreement on personal information. The party would be strictly prohibited from using personal information other than for the purposes listed in (1) to (6) above. The party will be obligated to take steps to manage personal information properly. The school will also supervise the party to confirm that personal information is properly managed.
4. Disclosure of personal information to a third party
Personal information will be disclosed to a third party only under the following conditions.
- Under the requirements of any law.
- Due to the urgent and desperate need to protect a person's life, body, or property.
- Due to the urgent and desperate need to improve public welfare or to protect children.
- Due to the need to cooperate with a government organization, a local government organization, or to cooperate with a party entrusted by these organizations.
- Due to the need to entrust the school's business to a third party in order to achieve the above-listed purposes (1) to (6).
- If the person agrees to use his/her personal information for any purpose not listed in (1) to (6) above.
5. Corrections and deletions of personal information / Complaints
If a person wishes to correct, delete, or view his/her personal information, that person should apply to the school's Personal Information Desk as indicated below. To prevent personal information from leaking to a third party, when the school has confirmed that the application was in fact made by that person (or a proper representative of that person), at its discretion, it will take appropriate steps in line with the application. Complaints regarding the management of personal information should also be made to the Personal Information Desk. If a complaint is received, the school will respond accordingly and promptly.
For inquiry over Personal Information, please contact: admission[at]yoyogiinternationalschool.com
6. Revisions to these regulations
Due to a revision of a related law, a change of social circumstances, etc., these regulations might be reasonably revised. If so, the revision will be listed on the school's website.