Yoyogi International School is a candidate school for the International Baccalaureate (IB) Primary Years
Programme and pursuing authorization as an IB World School.
IB World Schools share a common philosophy—a commitment to improve the teaching and learning of a diverse and inclusive community of students by delivering challenging, high quality programmes of international education that share a powerful vision.
At Yoyogi International School, our curriculum integrates core philosophies and goals from leading educational curriculums to prepare all children for education systems around the world.
- The Learner Profile attributes of the International Baccalaureate's Primary Years Programme (IB PYP)
- UK National Curriculum Key Stage 1, Key Stage 2 and the Early Year Foundation Stage
- US Common Core State Standards
- US State Guidelines (New York and Massachusetts Board of Education)
- National Education Technology Standards from the International Society for Technology (IT Curriculum only)
We believe that students learn best when they lead their own learning and are truly engaged in the process. When you visit our classrooms you will see our students learning by doing, exploring the limits of their curiosity, teaching each other, and most importantly, having fun!
We educate the whole child and understand that developing positive attitudes toward learning is even more important than acquiring skills and knowledge. Students work with teachers to develop the traits of the IB Learner Profile:
“The most important attitude that can be formed is that of desire to go on learning.”-John Dewey (1998). “Experience and Education", Kappa Delta Pi